What is TagTagCam?
Do I need to install TagTagCam to my computer or is it a web application?
Where can I download TagTagCam installation file?
What are TagTagCam System Requirements?
How to install TagTagCam to my computer?
How to use TagTagCam?
How to setup Advanced Settings in TagTagCam application?
I have problems with launching TagTagCam. What could be wrong?
How to uninstall TagTagCam?
A: TagTagCam is an application for publishing captured screens from your webcam to your TagTag mobile site. TagTagCam application also supports uploading captured to multiple TagTag accounts, FTP transfer to FTP servers or saving to a directory on your computer. TagTagCam can also run as a service on your computer.
A: Yes, you do need to download the installation file and install the application to your computer.
A: You can download the installation file from our download site by clicking here.
A: Before installing TagTagCam make sure you
have Administrator rights setup on your computer.
To use TagTagCam you need to have .NET Framework Version 1.1 installed to your computer, an installed Web camera and Internet access.
During the installation of TagTagCam application you will be prompted to install the required components to your computer. If you do not install the listed components to your computer during the installation process you will not be able to install TagTagCam.
Operating System Requirements:
The TagTagCam application is supported by the following platforms:
A: Make sure you start the installation of the application from Administrator account on your computer.
Download the installation file from our download site to your computer.
After download is finished start the TagTagCam installation file (find the TagTagCamSetup.exe file you have downloaded on your computer).
Follow the instructions in the installation wizard. The wizard will guide you through the installation of TagTagCam. It is recommended that you close all other applications before starting Setup. This will make it possible to update relevant system files without having to reboot your computer.
(1) To start the installation of the application go to the Next step of the Welcome screen.
(2) Before you can continue the installation read and agree to the License Agreement.
(3) Choose the install location. The default install location for TagTagCam application is C:\Program Files\TagTag\TagTagCam folder. To install in the default folder leave the text in the box as it is. To install in a different folder enter it below or Browse for a new location to install TagTagCam application to your computer. You can only install this application to your local disc, mapped network discs are not supported. Click Install to start the installation.
(4) Please wait while TagTagCam is being installed to your computer. The bar indicates the process of the installation.
(5) All of the components of TagTagCam were successfully installed to your computer. Click Next complete the installation.
(6) To exit TagTagCam Setup wizard click Close.
Start TagTagCam application. You can start the application by clicking the TagTagCam icon () on your computer's desktop or open the application from Start menu (Start -> Programs -> TagTag -> TagTagCam).
(1) In the drop-down menu all your installed webcams are listed. Select the one you want to use for sending pictures to your TagTag mobile site.
(2) Press the Start preview button to start the webcam.
(3) Next you can make changes to webcam Preferences - webcam preferences depend on your webcam driver and select the Resolution of your webcam - resolution also depends on webcam model. As mobile phones have limited screens we suggest to use a not to big resolution. By pressing the Capture Screen button, you can save images to your computer.
(4) By checking the box at Upload to TagTag.com, FTP and Directories you will start submitting pictures from your webcam. At this stage we will only explain how to use TagTagCam for uploading pictures to TagTag.com, find more information about FTP and Directories in the next section, where Advanced settings are explained.
Proceed to the next tab - TagTag login.
(5) In the fields enter username and password of your TagTag account.
(6) Press the Login button to login to your account.
(7) When successfully connected to your account select the mobile site where you want to put your webcam from the list.
You can choose to save TagTag username and password so you won't need to type them the next time you want to upload new pictures to your album.
Note that you have to be a registered user at TagTag to to use TagTagCam!
(8) Save the changes you have made to TagTag login tab.
(9) If you have followed these steps, you have activated your webcam to send pictures to your mobile site! You can see this by opening your mobile site in the editor or just go to your mobile site with your mobile phone.
The default settings for capturing and transferring pictures to your mobile site are:
Find more information about how to change the default settings in the section of Advanced settings.
A: Launch TagTagCam application on your computer.
(1) Open the Advanced settings tab. In the Advanced settings tab you can change the default settings for capture and transfer of pictures, setup multiple TagTag accounts, FTP transfer, directory for saving captured screens and enable TagTagCam as a service.
(2) Advanced settings:
In the Advanced settings window you can make changes to the default settings about capture and transfer of pictures from your webcam.
You have two options available:
Depending on which of the both options selected, you can setup the time interval for capture and transfer or transfer only. You can use Transfer only option, if you have another software for capturing screens from your webcam. If you select transfer only option, you will also have to enter the location transfer file on your computer.
TagTagCam application supports transferring captured screens to multiple TagTag accounts, FTP accounts or to a Directory. You can choose to Transfer to all account types at once or only Transfer to selected account types.
Note that you have to save the changes you have made to account settings by pressing the Save button.
(3) Multi TagTagCam accounts:
To add multiple TagTag accounts for uploading captured screens from your webcam select the Configure multi accounts button in advanced settings menu. You can add more then one TagTag account. To add a new TagTag account press the Add button.
A new window Add new cam opens.
Enter an Account name. Choose a name which will help you recognize your webcam best. Next enter username and password for your TagTag account and press the Login button. From the refreshed list in the drop-down menu select the page where you want to upload the pictures from your webcam.
Additional Options available:
To add the new account press the Add button. Once the account is added it is listed and you can Edit or Delete it.
(4) FTP transfer:
TagTagCam supports FTP transfer of captured screens. If you want to transfer captured screens from your webcam to FTP servers press the Configure FTP transfer button in advanced settings menu. You can add more then one FTP accounts. To add a new FTP account press the Add button.
Important: To use this feature you need to have FTP access to a server. TagTag does not offer you FTP access to TagTag server.
A new window Add new FTP opens.
Enter an Account name. Choose a name which will help you recognize your webcam best. Next enter all needed information for accessing the FTP server (FTP server IP address, FTP server port, FTP remote directory, FTP username and password, enable or disable passive connection mode).
With FTP transfer you have the option to save the captured screen from your webcam to one file or to save each captured screen to a separate file. If you select One file enter a filename, otherwise select Multi files and enter prepend and/or append word for file name.
You can also set the file format in which captured screens will be saved on your FTP server. Supported file formats are gif, jpg, png, bmp and tiff.
Additional Options available:
To add the new FTP account press the Add button. Once the account is added it is listed and you can Edit or Delete it.
(5) Directory saving:
With TagTagCam you can save captured screens to a folder on your local disc. Press the Configure directory saving button in advanced settings menu. To add a new directory press the Add button.
A new window Add new directory opens. Browse for a folder on your local disc where you want to save the captured screens.
You have the option to save the captured screen from your webcam to one file or to save each captured screen to a separate file. If you select One file enter a filename, otherwise select Multi files and enter prepend and/or append word for file name.
You can also set the file format in which captured screens will be saved in the selected directory. Supported file formats are gif, jpg, png, bmp and tiff.
Additional Options available:
To add the new direcotry press the Add button. Once the directory is added it is listed and you can Edit or Delete it.
(6) TagTagCam service:
You can run TagTagCam as service. The service captures screens from your webcam while you are not at computer or you are logged out. To start the service press the Configure TagTagCam service button in advanced settings menu.
(1) First Install the service to your computer.
(2) After service is installed start it.
(3) To stop the service press the Stop service button.
(4) To uninstall the service from your computer you first have to stop the service. After service is stopped you can uninstall it by clicking on the Uninstall service button.
A: To start the application click the TagTagCam icon () on your computer's desktop or open the application from Start menu (Start -> Programs -> TagTag -> TagTagCam).
If the application can not detect a webcam installed or connected to your computer you will not be able to use TagTagCam. An error message will be displayed.
In order to solve the problem check if you have installed the latest drivers for your webcam to your computer and look if the webcam is properly connected to your computer. After you have made the two steps launch the application again. If the problem resumes and you are sure that your webcam is properly installed and connected, your webcam probably is not supported by TagTagCam.
A: To unistall TagTagCam application from your computer launch the uninstall application. The uninstaller is located in the same folder where you have installed TagTagCam application. You can also access the uninstaller from Start menu (Start -> Programs -> TagTag -> TagTagCam -> Uninstall).